Ellie's World

...a little place for big thoughts...

Wednesday 2 June 2010

flirting with Big Issue sellers


Hello All - it's been a few days, again I've had a stint where I've not really had anything to tell you. Things are busy at college, we've presentations in front of the MD of the entire company next week and we've been told nothing on it so we will be crazily unprepared for it. We had a thing today where a guy from HR came to college and asked us to brainstorm reasons why we work there and what the brand means and, to be honest, I thought it was a little insensitive of them: they asked us how to attract the best employees - all this after yet another wave of redundancies and a merger which left a lot of disgruntled and unhappy employees (changing existing job titles to lower positions, etc). It was a shame it wasn't a forum for feedback, but it's becoming clear that this isn't a company that listens or responds to constructive critism at all.
In other news, I flirted with a Big Issue seller today, not quite sure what came over me.
I completed the 30 Day No Sugar challenge and felt like it was a little too easy, not that it was easy it just wasn't as hard as I thought it'd be, so now I am doing a running total to see how long I can go: it's like running (if you've ever been on a treadmill you'll understand) where you start to struggle but you try to keep going as long as possible...when will it end?

No comments:

Post a Comment