Ellie's World

...a little place for big thoughts...

Wednesday 2 June 2010

American Movie Plots Are Realistic


(Excuse the crap over-exposure on that "Myspace" style photo - Nokia phones have crap cameras...there's no excuse for the pose) I just realised when I said I had nothing to say recently I was talking absolute pap; I actually have an excellent story for you which proves that all those gooey american chick flicks are realistic story lines.
I'll start at the beginning (don't worry, it's not a long story). When I was in secondary school (high school) I had a massive crush on the school's popular guy: he was tall and tanned and fit as hell (who is like that in their teens? not human) and the top sportsman and A* student, everyone's friend...you get the idea. Me and my friend H had this extremely geeky afternoon in class when we doodled a department store with people on different floors depending on how hot they were (he was top floor, we were basement level). He knew I fancied him and he never made fun of me like some other kids did (you have to realise I was a frizzy-haired, freckly geek.
Fast forward to present day and he is now an extremely successful and famous person in his field and I am, well just an older version of me then only now with hair straighteners. So he started talking to me via a popular electronic method (see how I make this annonymous? haha) and he started flirting with me which I quite enjoyed because I am pretty flirty as a person and always enjoy the banter of flirting but then he got a bit blunt, which was a little alarming on a few levels but putting aside infidelity for the moment (ha) HOW COOL IS THAT? The boy you used to fancy, still a total adonis and stupidly intelligent (and on 6 figures, if you're into that kind of thing) fancies you, the geeky frizzy-haired bookish geek. AMERICAN MOVIES ARE ACCURATE. I just thought I should share that with you. I always thought those plot lines were far-fetched but apparently not (although they possibly leave out the unashamed infidelity and guiltless bad behaviour of the protagonist - although that'd make for a better film; perhaps I should write a screenplay)
If you're wondering how the reality series ended, it ended with hysterical laughter at this end between myself and an old school friend I once drew a picture of a department store with...
I've quite enjoyed regressing back to when I was 15 - nice place to visit but you wouldn't want to live there.

No comments:

Post a Comment