Ellie's World

...a little place for big thoughts...

Saturday 8 May 2010

Day 11 and the snot has cometh


Well today was always going to be tiring but I woke up today with a sore throat and by the afternoon I had a full-blown head cold. The big shop in tescos hurt more than my bank balance (although I do enjoy getting food - I horde food like a squirrel, the bf always makes fun of me for it)and then it was a drive across to attend a wild party (my nieces' 4th birthday). I was barely awake driving there and cut a deal with the bf: he'd drive home if he could listen to the twenty20 cricket.
I'll tell you what, I had been finding this no-sugar challenge too easy until today; never go to a birthday party shunning sugar - it's worse than chinese water torture. The heavy head didn't improve matters either, I fully felt sorry for myself and couldn't ease the pain with a cupcake. I always eat junk when I'm ill; it's how I get better and this is the third time in so many days I've needed self-pity-sugar (as I'm coming to think of it) and haven't caved. The real test starts tomorrow when I will arrive in another city for college and have to stay 5 weeks with a little convenient shop filled to the roof with handy little treats about 30 seconds from the privacy of my bedroom - ideal for hidden munchings guilt-free. GAH! It's going to be hell.
I have tried to prepare: I've got rice cakes (polystyrene), fruit, lots of books to read. I am taking a TV, despite my resolution returning home after the last stint swearing blind I won't bother taking one again (3 floors up with a TV is not easy to move on your own).
I think it's time for bed. I am trying very hard not to think about missing the bf: you haven't seen him yet so I've attached this photo of him emerging, bond-like, from the sea in the South of France last summer...who needs sugar?

No comments:

Post a Comment