Ellie's World

...a little place for big thoughts...

Saturday 2 October 2010

Sky


So I didn't win the Euromillions jackpot yesterday; no-one did, which was a bit annoying because when it's that much money a rollover is just stupid: it's more money than any one person could ever need or spend.
Fortunately for me, this little grey mare made me feel today like I'd won the lottery. Meet Sky, a pretty grey mare with numb sides and who can pull a disgusted face better than my mum. Our instructor thought we were well suited and I got my first positive feedback when she said today was the best she'd seen Sky go :)
I did have a couple of painful moments today; one when taking my stirrups away, I rolled my leg back and felt my hip sublux and realised that it has done that many times before when I rode my mare and I'd just thought everyone got that. Hell, maybe they do.
The other painful moment came driving in tandem to tescos with the bf to get food for tea and petrol in our cars (no, not the difficulty in driving when your knees won't go together after riding without stirrups); I had a brief and sad little cry for the memory of my beautiful mare.
It was still a brilliant hour, riding Sky though :) and I am proud I rode her well :) It's all coming back to me - every last thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment