Ellie's World

...a little place for big thoughts...

Monday 4 October 2010

the one in which I have 5 kids...


If you're a regular reader, you'll remember the one in which I aged 10 years in 30 minutes and you'll see where this blog is going.
I don't know why I seem to be getting strangers saying these things to me, apart from that they must genuinely believe that's who I am. I am going to puzzle, and let's face it - obsess, about these snap judgements for a long time.
Today I spent a good 30 minutes in a large popular supermarket, buying lots of treats to make buns and things to take to work (if it's your birthday the cakes are on you - mine isn't until Wednesday, but the guys aren't in then so I'm taking them tomorrow). I went to the bakery section and thought I'd order a few bits just in case my cornflake and rice cake chocolate bun things went horribly wrong (read that: accidentally eaten). I ordered 5 gingerbread biscuit things and a brownie for the bf - the baker said "any colours?" and I said "yeah, doesn't matter" and he replied "you sure? there won't be fights at the other end? at least you get the brownie"
HE THOUGHT I HAD 5 KIDS AND NEEDED A BROWNIE TO GET THROUGH THE DAY.
The nearest thing I have to mothering anything is when I walk the bf's parent's friend's dog (see inset - Me and Molly). I don't know why I look 30-something, married and with 5 kids; maybe it's all the healthy exercise, good diet and avoiding alcohol and smoking that ages me horribly. Maybe the 40-odd core reps I did last night made me look like I'd had 5 kids or the 90-something weighted squats I did tonight made my ass look like I had a brownie a day.
There really is no hope - if you're early twenties or younger, reading this and thinking 30 is miles away! I am always going to look young - I won't look old and wrinkly until my 50's - YOU'RE WRONG.
I am going to smart about this for a long time :/

2 comments: