Ellie's World

...a little place for big thoughts...

Friday 10 September 2010

meet Babs


So I've been writing this blog for a few months now and the last couple of blogs have been a little aimless and random - which has kind of been where my head has been at but in my recent revamp of the blog (what do you think?) and creation of a new blog (http://bricksandheels.blogspot.com) I've been inspired again on a couple of topics for this page - my online diary.

Today's blog is about BABS. Babs, as you can see from this photo of her at my 2nd graduation (1 more to come and then I'm DONE, I swear) is one classy lady. She's my mum, and she is such a brilliant character. I am currently staying at her flat in the southeast for a couple of days for a recluse and to fill her fridge for her return.
She wasn't the textbook supernannyesque type mother (I remember her saying to us when I was about 5, in a put-on 'Queen's English' accent, "In the words of Elizabeth Taylor, Bugger Orf") and she never did have the most patience (My sister Emma once refused to eat her sandwich and Babs stabbed her finger into it on every syllable of "you-will-eat-this-bloody-sandwich" and then burst out laughing when Emma relied, in a deadpan tone: "well I'm not eating it now"
But she's done some above-and-beyond things for us girls. She's wicked, dry, hilarious, so sarcastic most southerners read it as just bitter, generous, loving, strong,...but the thing that strikes me so much about her is she's human.
I love Babs, almost as much as Joe does (http://mastdebater87.blogspot.com).

2 comments:

  1. I like your new design, even if the yellow is a bit sudden. :)

    Ps. I voted in your poll

    ReplyDelete
  2. yey I'm glad you approve. I made another blog (which I haven't written on yet - but it looks great) and got all inspired. I like being sudden.

    ReplyDelete