Ellie's World

...a little place for big thoughts...

Wednesday 8 September 2010

Frankie says R.E.L.A.X


The photo today is of me and Orah - because I think me and this beautiful dog have something in common (sadly not looks or physique!) - we are both quite outwardly calm looking but dealing with tension in self-destructive ways. Orah is a rescue dog my sister has bravely taken on alongside her young family, and she licks patches of her fur off when left alone. This physical manifestation is an indicator of her inner stress and discomfort. Hopefully she will settle into a loving and structured family unit with my sister's family and this will gradually stop (that, or my sister's smearing disgusting-tasting antibacterial cream on the patches will do it!).
My problems are not so easy - or maybe they are. I am on the look out for stress-beating techniques. The amazing bf is planning on clearing out the roof room as a stress-free zone for me to escape to: I've asked for a yoga matt to meditate (who am I kidding - I might do stretches though). I'm not sure what I am going to do, really - I am popping to mum's tomorrow night after work to spend a day relaxing and maybe working out/seeing my nieces (and possibly Orah too). Then it's back to Bristol to spend Saturday walking 3 gruffs on the beach for our 2 year anniversary. Hopefully those things will help me calm down. The only reason I am looking for ways to relax and calm down because I went to the Dr's again today with my battle with my stomach and she took one look at me and said:

"you need to calm down"

2 comments: