Ellie's World

...a little place for big thoughts...

Sunday 2 May 2010

"Yup. I've no Thorasic Flexibility"


That title is a quote by my bf just now - it just amused me so I used it. The last blog's title is a quote from just about everyone from the XC "this course asks a lot of questions" "this part of the course asks a lot of hard questions" "and how was your ride around?" "well, there were a lot of questions, fast"

The dressage on Saturday was truly spectacular; held in the main arena with everyone viewing in the grandstands...apart from me, obviously, I was in the arena in the media circle. This meant views like the above picture. And when it came to the lunch break, when all the fat-cat photographers bundled off towards their 3 course dinner (I heard all about it on their return) I stuck it out for the highlight of the day for me (and for everyone else judging by the grandstands being utterly packed): Carl Hester's dressage display. If you're not from the UK and not from the horsey set, you've no idea how exciting that is, but to put it in perspective - 21 years ago when I was a saucer-eyed 5 year old I had posters on my wall of Carl Hester (as well as a fair few other riders at badminton this year). I ended up being the only person in the arena with Mr. Hester (his two horses, and a rider he brought with him to demonstrate dressage skill which, quite frankly, blew the competitive horses out of the water). It really was excellent and, as last year, he had everyone laughing. For me, I couldn't help nursing a smug warmth that about 2000 women were all secretly wishing they were stood where I was. (sympathy zero: in your face)
Another excellent Badminton. I can't believe I used to watch this event religiously on TV for 20 years and now I've been able to go twice on a media pass, being in the thick of the action. A very special thanks has to go to big-G, who just makes this all so effortless.

No comments:

Post a Comment