Ellie's World

...a little place for big thoughts...

Saturday 18 December 2010

SNO businesslike SNO businessthere's SNO businessIknow!


Hey bloggerati
It's been some serious time since my last blog and, as you can imagine, lots has happened but I don't want to re-live it here(because it wasn't always the best fun!) and bore you all senseless so I will bullet point it for you to get you upto date:

* Quit my job
* Got new (temp) job within a week
* Old job tried to screw me over several times
* That should all be settled by next week and I am RELIEVED I'm out now
(it's like when you split with someone and then question if you did the right thing then they flip out and go mental and suddenly there's no doubt anymore)
* I've had a chest infection and ear infection simultaneously and only took 1 day off exercise (I know I have a problem)
* I was proposed to 8 times at the new work's Christmas do by a hammered guy who had just been made redundant, much to the amusement of the others
* I've not been able to get to see my family this Christmas break due to the white stuff (snow, not my lactose intolerance)
* Last ballet of the year involved joining with the advanced class and it was A-MAZING
* I have had a short series of riding lessons with a new teacher who is incredibly good and abusing me loudly until I ride like a pro

That about covers it; some good, some bad, some appeared bad and turned out to be good.

The current day theme running through my life, and a sentence I've said three times just today is: IF THIS JOB GOES PERMANENT I'M GOING TO... [and now here's a list of my future plans should this job turn permanent like I hope]:

* start the post-grad in surveying at the College of Estate Management in September (2 and a half years until Chartered Surveyor status!)
* move the hell out and back to the northern side of town! :D shared house = new friends = exciting new things
* start ballet 2 times a week (Thursday class is so much more brutal)
* start a yoga class to supplement the yoga I do at home
* visit home again
* visit Liverpool and stay in a nice hotel for the weekend and party with Andy and Chris and anyone else about!
* have a weekend with my mum in Bath (the place, not just in the bath; it'd be weird and cramped and besides, it'd get cold pretty quickly. I can see it now; paramedics trying to wedge us both out of the tub with crowbars...)- she suggested it the other day so we can spend some time together and I'd really love to be able to afford it plus we could go to the Thermae Bath Spa and bubble around in the hot water on the roof looking over the beautiful city :)

...so much I want to do :) I hope my new job pulls through and gets me on board permanently as I really do want a contract - I want a pension, some job security, a SALARY and to be working towards something :)

No comments:

Post a Comment