Ellie's World

...a little place for big thoughts...

Friday 30 July 2010

SUGAR - HUH! WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR?


Hello :) I have been thinking about how my diet has changed in the past few months and how cutting out sugar (or attempting to) has changed my body and energy, as well as appetite. I've discovered over the past few weeks sugar is added to EVERYTHING. It's even hidden in the places you least expect it, like bread. The thing about sugar is it compels you to eat more - fruit sugars do this to ensure the fruits are repeatedly eaten and the seed is distributed, and likewise, we are programmed to take on sugar (our brains will starve every other vital organ for the last shreds of sugar if you're starving). I would never begrudge my body something healthy and that it needs, so I obviously haven't cut out fruit with its yummy natural sugars - just the processed stuff. To be honest, processed anything is bad news, so I avoid that too. I've decided I am going to make a short video about my diet (as in eating habits, not starvation!) to inspire you :).
You're probably wondering what the photos with this blog have to do with diet - absolutely nothing! These are just 2 photos from our trip to the zoo last weekend :) I am really rather proud of the tiger face one I took...



hehe - his ears are funny.

Just to show how my diet and exercise over the past year has changed me, here's 2 photos from my holidays - the left is 2009 and the right, 2010...

No comments:

Post a Comment