Ellie's World

...a little place for big thoughts...

Monday 19 April 2010

Tuck Jump



So I do a lot of working out and I thought I might start making little short videos of different moves and how to do them... Not that I'm remotely qualified, but my bf is so I will repeat his advice to me here:

The Tuck Jump
- warm up before you start (high impact)
- keep your head up
- short dip (don't crouch too low) and jump directly upwards (unlike me here, who seems to jump forward slightly!)
- pull the knees to the chest without letting your chest fall forward
- land on a slightly bended knee (if you land on a straight leg you can jar your joints)

The tuck jump is a brutal self-weight plyometric/cardio exercise that is good for getting your heart rate up and develop the fast-twitch fibres used in sprinting. Best used in a tabatta or interval routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment